QuickBooks is financial software that is trusted by numerous entrepreneurs for having an unlimited range of tools to manage the financial side of business smoothly. This incredible software has changed the accounting industry at a fast rate with advanced features and tools ultimately dominating the world of accounting. But all these merits can’t hide the errors that can occur in QuickBooks because of some technical issues and human intervention.
Quickbooks error code 80029c4a is one such error that happens when you try to open the Dynamic-link library file (DLL) and the company files. This error can stop the operation of the QBs software and you are forced to stop your work in the middle. So, it is important to understand what are the causes that led to the creation of this error and how we can fix it easily. While working with QuickBooks keep in mind If the default browser is other than Internet Explorer, you might face QuickBooks Update error 15222.
So to kick out your confusion and to help you fix this issue, we have come up with this one single power-packed article containing everything you need to know about Quickbooks error code 80029c4a. Let’s get started…
Causes of Quickbooks Error Code 80029c4a
We have listed some points to make you understand why QuickBooks Error 80029c4a happens while opening QBs:
- Corrupt or missing Dynamic Link Library files.
- Incomplete/Improper installation of QBs software.
- Virus/malware threat to the computer.
- A program might have got removed accidentally.
- Corrupt Windows Registry
Understanding causes is important because if you are the root of this error then you will easily avoid this error in the future.
Signs and Symptoms of Quickbooks Error Code: 80029c4a
If you experience these symptoms in your system then beware because there is an error code 80029c4a in Quickbooks. Have a look:
- Your screen will flash – Quickbooks error code: 80029c4a Description: Error loading type library / DLL.
- Active program window crashes.
- The window runs sluggishly.
- Your system “freezes”.
- Error code 80029c4a Quickbooks 2017 pops up on your screen.
- Running program window crashes.
- The software does not respond to your commands.
Solutions to Fix Quickbooks Error Code 80029c4a
There is no error in the world that can’t be repaired and so does Quickbooks Error Code 80029c4a. All you have to do is to read this article till the end to get in-depth knowledge about the error. Have a look.
Solution 1: Check the Antivirus Settings
There are instances when an antivirus program unintentionally obstructs QBs from loading crucial files. Check the program area that contains blocked files (also called “quarantine”). If you witness these programs mentioned below in the quarantine, then allow them to go through the firewall.
Note: You will find many files in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year).
Solution 2: Running SFC (System File Checker)
This is a tool that is useful in eliminating broken/damaged files to fix Quickbooks 2015 error code 80029c4a. You can carry out this process by:
- Open a run window.
- In the box, type Command. Press Enter.
- Press ‘Ctrl + Shift and press Enter.
- A permission box will be opened, click Yes.
- Now write SFC/scannow in the command prompt. Press Enter.
- Now, the tool will initiate a scanning process to identify the error.
- Wait till the error is scanned completely.
- Follow the screen prompts.
Solution 3: Update QuickBooks and then Use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
QuickBooks needs regular updates because every update women up with new tools and bug fixes. There are many positive reasons why it is always important to update your QuickBooks, using an older version might cause QuickBooks error 6129. Your updates can be installed automatically or you can choose a specific time according to your comfort also. If you already have the newest version then you can skip this solution.
- Open the QBs software.
- Click on the option of Help.
- Pick up the option of Update Quickbooks.
- Now click on the tab ‘Option’.
- Choose the Mark All tab and then click on the Save icon.
- Click on the option of Update Now option.
- Now reach out to the Reset Update option and choose ‘Get updates’.
- Now a pop-up will be flashed on your screen notifying you that the update is finished. Close the Qbs desktop. In case you get a notification to install the update then click on the Yes option.
- The ending step is to Reboot the system.
Note: Do not forget to have the QBs downloaded file and its installation CD along with the license number before uninstalling the QBs application.
Solution 4: Repair Windows on QuickBooks
Here are the detailed steps that will help you fix the windows on QBs.
- Close the QuickBooks software.
- Tap on the “Windows” option.
- Click on the option “Control Panel”.
- Uninstall the application.
- From the Programs list, select QuickBooks.
- Tap on the tab “Uninstall/Change”. Hit on the “Next” option.
- Then again press the tab on the “Next” in the QBs installation window.
- Go to Repair Radio and click on the option of “Repair”.
- Reach out to the “Finish” icon and click on it. Follow the on-screen commands.
- Reboot the system.
- To confirm Quickbooks Error Code 80029c4a is gone, open the QBs application and see if you can resume your work efficiently.
Solution 5: Updating Avast Antivirus and Program Update
Note: Before you execute this solution, we would like to tell you that you should carry out this method under the guidance of IT professionals for precautions.
If you have an active avast antivirus then it is recommended to update it to fix Quickbooks Error Code 80029c4a.
- Right-Click on the icon of “Avast”.
- Choose the “Update” tab.
- Tap on the option of “Program” and follow the prompts coming on the screen to “update the Avast program“.
- Now Update the system’s protection.
Also read: QuickBooks Tool Hub: Complete Guide To Download and Install
Solution 6: Running Reboot.bat File
- Close the QBs Desktop.
- Open the folder having “reboot.bat file“.
- Right-click on the icon of “QuickBooks Desktop”. Select “Properties”.
- Hit the option of “Open file location”.
- Right-click on the option of “reboot.bat file”. Choose “Run as System Administrator“.
- Now run “reboot.bat” as the Windows Admin.
Important Note: It depends upon the settings of Windows Folder Options settings that whether your files will show as reboot or reboot.bat.
- Do not close the window which appears as it will immediately turn off the reboot.bat file utility after it is completed.
- The ending step is to restart your computer.
By executing this solution, you will successfully fix the Quickbooks error code 80029c4a. If the issue still persists then jump to the next solution.
Solution 7: Manually Uninstalling and Reinstalling QBs file/Program
For Windows 7 and Vista:
- Click on the ‘Start tab‘ and reach out to ‘Programs and features.
- Open the option of ‘Control panel‘.
- Click on the ‘Programs’.
- Now tap on ‘Programs and features.
- Look for the program with Quickbooks error code 80029c4a.
- Press on entry related to QuickBooks Pro.
- Click on the option of ‘Uninstall’.
- Follow the on-screen commands to conclude the process.
In Windows 8 and 10
- Right-click on the ‘Windows’ option.
- Choose the option of the ‘Programs and features in Windows 8. In Windows 10 select the ‘Apps and features’ tab.
- Look for the file having ‘QuickBooks error 80029c4a.’
- Tap on QBs Pro associated entry.
- Press tab on the option of ‘Uninstall/change’.
- Carry out the instructions coming on the screen.
In Windows XP
- Click on the ‘Start button. Open the tab ‘Programs and features.
- Reach out to the ‘Control panel’ and choose ‘Add or Remove Programs.
- Find the program having Quickbooks error code 80029c4a.
- Tap on the entry associated with ‘QuickBooks Pro’.
- Click on the option of ‘Uninstall/change’.
- Follow the onscreen instructions popping on the window to finish the steps.
- Now check if Quickbooks 2015 error code 80029c4a has resolved or not.
Solution 8: Scan the System
This is the simplest method which requires you to run a full scan on your to identify any virus attack that is obstructing the functioning of the QBs software.
Steps for the procedure are:
- Use windows protection for the virus threat.
- You can use and install any other anti-virus software available online to spot and fix trojan attacks.
- The scanning software will automatically detect and fix the error helping you carry your tasks smoothly.
- By now, the error must have been resolved!
Additional Solutions to help You
Apart from the above-proven solutions, we have gathered up more solutions to help you fix Quickbooks error code 80029c4a. Have a look:
- Delete the Junk files that have been accumulated for a long time by surfing the internet and using your computer.
- Update the PC drivers to make the computer work efficiently.
- Undo the latest changes you made in the system.
- Using Windows file checker is helpful in fixing Quickbooks error 80029c4a.
- You can use Windows cleanup to remove data in the hard drive.
- Shut down your system properly.
So we have explained all the root causes, symptoms to identify, and solutions to fix Quickbooks error code 80029c4a. After reading this informative article, this error will be fixed and you will not be bothered in the future also. This power-packed article contains everything you need to resolve your problem. If you found this post useful to you then we would like you to visit our website to read more such worthy articles.
However, if you encounter any error while executing the solutions given below then do not hesitate to dial the number of QuickBooks Customer Support for more guidance. The professionals will listen to your query and come up with the best advice and solutions possible.