QuickBooks software is one of the leading software in the market as numerous institutions are managing their business finance and account smoothly with the help of this software only. From simplifying online payments, invoices, taxes, expenses, payroll, emails to managing salaries, its advanced tools and features never fail to surprise users all around the world.
Intuit has designed this software to help small and medium-sized business owners so that their business could make more profit. QB maintains transactions, taxes, expenses, payments, and many other things that can’t be performed by humans without mistakes.
But not everything is 100 percent perfect, so is this software because users often encounter errors like ‘QuickBooks doesn’t open and see a message on their screen which states: QuickBooks Won’t Open. In this situation, they ask why my QuickBooks won’t open? This error takes place because QB is also not free from bugs and errors. When the QB shows an error while opening, then users get problems in continuing their crucial work.
To avoid users from facing this error and in case, they’ve already got this error and are looking for solutions then make sure to read this post.
Symptoms of QuickBooks won’t Open Error?
When you open the QB software, then you may face an error (Quickbooks won’t Open). Below are some traits of QuickBooks don’t open or start.
- The system starts hanging.
- QB Desktop Freezes.
- Low or less performance of the system.
- Slow functioning of mouse and keyboard.
- QuickBooks won’t Open Company File.
Apart from the symptoms mentioned above, several errors like 15106, 1328, H202 also take place when QB does not open.
Why won’t QuickBooks Open? Reasons
- Company name exceeding characters limit.
- The file is damaged or corrupt.
- Damaged Hard Drive
- Installation of QB has not been done properly.
- Using an outdated version of QB.
- Old operating system
- Clicking many times on the QB Icon can also lead to not responding.
Fix Quickbooks won’t Open Problem by Nine Methods
Make sure to read this post attentively because we have gathered proven solutions to get rid of this to save you from the trouble because of this error.
Method 1: Restart your Computer
The first step to be followed is restarting your PC Try to reboot your PC to clean the applications. After you are done with restarting open the company file again.
Method 2: Uninstall and Install QB
Sometimes, this error can be solved by reinstalling QB. to follow this process, see the steps below.
- After going to the start button, go to the control panel.
- Select QB program and press tab on Uninstall.
- This process can take several minutes, so it is recommended to have patience.
- After uninstalling the software, Restart your computer and install the software again.
In Case, You are getting any kind of error while installing the Quickbooks Software on your device then download the Quickbooks Desktop Tool Hub software to fix it.
Method 3: Make your Desktop Compatible with the Latest Version
- This is another solution through which you can get rid of this error.
- Click on the start option and in the search bar type update option. Select the update option and click on check for updates. Now windows server might take a few seconds to see if any update is available.
- If there is an update available then press the tab on the download option. At last, restart your PC after completing the process.
Method 4: Register QuickBooks
In order to use QB, a user must first check if the software is registered or not. If not, then register it and then open the company file.
Here is how you can check If the software is registered: Press F2, a window with the product information will be opened. Check the status of QuickBooks’ registration at the right of the license number. The status will show registered if you are already. Now, you can continue your work.
What to do if you are not registered:
- Press “OK” and close the window containing Product Information.
- Choose the “Help” option and navigate to “Activate QuickBooks”
- Follow the instructions coming on-screen to double-check the information and complete the activation process.
Method 5: Close QBW32.exe Process
If you could not fix the error on your own yet, then jump to the next bullet points for the next method.
- In the “Windows taskbar” select “Start Task Manager”.
- Reach out for the “Process” option and choose “Image Name”. By this, the process will get arranged alphabetically.
- Select “EXE“.
- Choose“End Process”, to close “exe process”
Method 6: Move the Files to the Windows Desktop
- Open File Explorer and search your Company file.
- Make a right-click on your file and Copy it.
- Press Ctrl+V on the Windows desktop to paste it.
- Rename your file.
- Open QB, then File menu. Choose Restore Company.
- Go to the Windows Desktop where the file was pasted and select it. You can open your file now. But still, if the error persists, then follow the next steps:
- Move your company file to the original folder and name it again.
Method 7: Check the Company File’s Properties
- Go to the Windows Explorer.
- Go to the folder where your company file is and right-click to check its properties.
- Now, press tab on the Advanced tab and make sure that the file size is more than 7 MB. The file also should not be encrypted or compressed.
Method 8: Open the Company File from a Separate Folder Location
Go to the Network Drive and Copy the company file to the local drive. Now start troubleshooting network configuration. Install and run QuickBooks File Doctor (integrated in QuickBooks only) to make this process less time-consuming.
- In the C: drive, make a folder.
- Go to the company file folder.
- Choose your company file and .TLG.
- “Copy” the file after making a right-click.
- Open the folder you had created in the C drive and Paste your file there.
Method 9: Create a Windows Admin User
- The initial step is to go to the Control Panel” and make a double-click on the “User Account”.
- In“Manage User” choose “Add”.
- Enter Admin name and domain. Press tab on “Ok”.
- Choose “Administrator” for Windows 10 users.
- Click on Finish and you will be directed to the ‘User Accounts’. Press “OK“.
By now, you will be able to solve errors related to Quickbooks won’t Open. Now you can avoid coming into this situation and in case you encounter Quickbooks 2016 won’t Open the error then, then just go through this post again. There are few complex errors that users can’t fix on their own, in that case, we would recommend you to contact QuickBooks error support where there are trained experts to clear all your doubts.
If our content helped and satisfied you then also check more such articles published on our website.