Do you have Quickbooks Enterprise that you recently bought from the official site of Intuit, but now you are thinking Quickbooks pro or Premier version will suit your company requirements better? Now you want to convert Quickbooks Enterprise to Pro but don’t know-how. You are in the right place where you find all the questions related to the conversion process of Quickbooks enterprise to pro or premiere.
In this post, we will discuss the conversion procedure in a step-by-step guide where you need to convert the data from Quickbooks enterprise to QB Pro or Premier. So, let’s get to the next paragraph to explore further information about this post. But before initiating the process to convert Quickbooks Enterprise to Pro or Premier, you need to know what these versions are? And what features they have? And what are the differences between both versions?
Difference Between QuickBooks Enterprise and Quickbooks Pro?
Now that you are willing to convert Quickbooks enterprise file to pro, you must have knowledge about what both versions of the software are? and how they both are different from each other? But before hopping to the difference and the conversion process, you have to take a small tour to Quickbooks accounting software to refresh your knowledge about the software again. Let’s get started.
Quickbooks is the most powerful accounting software that handles all the arduous tasks of accounting and bookkeeping. Intuit has developed and markets this software for every small and medium-sized company around the world. Through its rich features and marvelous capacity of completing tasks in a full-proof error-free manner, makes it more user-friendly than any other accounting software. You can even access the software from anywhere and anytime as this software is designed on a cloud-based interface. You just need a good internet connection to access the Quickbooks company file and you are good to go. This ultimate software is also available on a mobile as it is designed as mobile-responsive.
If we talked about the versions that Quickbooks offers to its users are:
- Quickbooks Online
- QuickBooks Self-Employed
- Quickbooks Pro
- QuickBooks Premier
- QuickBooks Enterprise
- Quickbooks for Mac
These six versions are available on the official website of Intuit. All the QB users are suggested to download Quickbooks and install it on your system. Quickbooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise are for those who are interested in Quickbooks desktop products. All three versions are most likely to equal in functionality and but different in with and capacity.
Whereas, Quickbooks enterprise is one among the foremost expensive desktop products that Quickbooks offers for giant and quickly growing businesses that require the foremost functionality from their accounting software.
On the opposite hand, Quickbooks Pro is that the basic and straightforward version of Quickbooks desktop products that’s enough for small-scale businesses which have few simultaneous users.
Why Convert QuickBooks Enterprise to QuickBooks Pro?
If a user purchased a version of Quickbooks enterprise at an earlier stage for a couple of years and now he/she wants to modify to Quickbooks Pro or Premier. Then the user must have certain reasons to convert the Quickbooks Enterprise file to Pro.
- If you use a business that has but 14,500 items like products, vendors, or customers, you would like to convert Quickbooks enterprise to Pro software.
- In comparison to Pro, Quickbooks Enterprise is much costlier
- Pro or premier versions of Quickbooks provide equivalent benefits and advantages to users as Quickbooks enterprise.
As the above paragraph gives you a reason to import your data from Quickbooks enterprise to Quickbooks Pro or Premier. This whole conversion process is going to be processed under Quickbooks online. We are getting to use Quickbooks Online (QBO) to import the Quickbooks Enterprise data to the Quickbooks Pro File. QBO will be a pass-through conversion tool that helps the QB user to ease the transfer of the info from QBES to QB Pro. But, before hopping to the conversion step, you would like to accomplish some tasks that are essential for the importing process.
Some Essential Tasks to Comlepete Before Conversion
Make sure the Quickbooks company file must be under 350,000 targets, if it’s over the limit then, you ought to trim the Quickbooks windows file for import.
- Create a Quickbooks online free trial account at qbo.intuit.com
- Use admin credentials to log into Quickbooks
- Create a backup of your QB company file.
- Make sure to use Internet Explorer to run Quickbooks.
- You are only allowed to transfer data within the primary 60 days of the Quickbooks Online company start date.
Note :- If you fulfilled all the instructions as defined above, then there’ an opportunity that the Quickbooks desktop file will replace the whole QB online file and overwrite any existing information.
Step to Avoid Unwelcome Error While Performing the Procedure to Convert Quickbooks Enterprise to Pro
- First, the user has got to pon the web Explorer
- Now press ALT+T keys together to open the Tool Menu
- After that, select the web option from rock bottom then navigate to the Security option.
- In the Security tab, uncheck the box beside the Enable Protected Mode option.
- After unchecking the box, stay an equivalent page and attend the sites option there
- Now, add https://qbo.intuit.com and https://lvdc.qbo.intuit.com to the Trusted Sites option, then click on the Close button.
- After that, click on the Zone option alongside the web option which is seen as a Globe on the safety tab.
- Drag the slider to Low or medium-level on Security Level.
- Now, after the above steps, click on the Apply button then OK
- Finally, you would like to shut the web Explorer and re-open it, then initiate the convert QuickBooks enterprise to pro or premier procedure through Quickbooks online.
How To Convert Quickbooks Enterprise To Online?
- Firstly, subscribe to Quickbooks online.
- Make a computer file of Quickbooks files onto the local Computer. then, restore the computer file to make a second copy and use the second copy within the conversion process, so if anything goes wrong the first file is going to be safe.
- Now, open the QB enterprise on the system and open the Products information tab by pressing the Ctrl + 1 key together.
- After opening the merchandise info tab, press the Ctrl + b followed by Ctrl +q keys one after another.
- Now, close the merchandise info window by clicking on the oK button
- A pop-up window will automatically come abreast of the screen, if not then repeat the second point another time.
- In the pop-up window, you ought to type in the QB online login credentials
- Now, click on the Agree button for the terms and conditions then click on the submit button.
- In the next step, you’ve got to settle on a corporation that you would like to import the info.
Note: If the corporate file is just too large to import then you’ll only see options for importing lists and balances.
- Now after the completing above steps precisely as direct, you successfully import the info from QB enterprise to QB Pro.
Now, your Quickbooks Enterprise data is converted into Quickbooks online. It’s time to import the info to Quickbooks Pro or Premier from Quickbooks Online.
How to Import Data from QuickBooks Enterprise to Quickbooks Pro or Premier Thorugh Quickbooks Online
Like the above method, transferee all of your QB enterprise data to Quickbooks online. When your file gets found out and starts running on QB online. you’ll use Internet Explorer to import the QB online file into the backup for the desktop. you only need to change the URL to http://qbo.intuit.com/app/exportqbodatatoqbdt within the browser window. To do so, you’ve got to follow the below-given instructions:
- First, you’ve got to form sure ActiveX Controls are installed, and for that click on the Continue option.
- Now, choose the All Financial Data option there to import your entire file. you’ll either choose the All financial data without transactions choice to start fresh, which can bring over balances but not the history. You’ll always ask for your old QB Enterprises file if needed.
- Once the file has been exported, the subsequent step is that the conversion.
- Now, Open QDesktop on the screen where you’ve got to select a corporation file to open.
- In QB Online, you’ve got to click on the convert button to import the file from QB Online to Quickbooks Pro.
- Once the above steps are completed, don’t forget to cancel the QBO trial subscription that came abreast of the screen.
- Once the conversion process is completed, you’ve got set the browser to its default setting by following these steps:
- Go to the web Explorer, then press and hold the ALT+T key together to open the Tools Menu. From here you’ve got to navigate to Internet Options at rock bottom of the window, and then, you’ve got to pick the safety tab at the highest of the screen.
- Now attend the Reset all zones to default level and click on thereon, then click Apply, then press the OK, and eventually close the web Explorer.
Now you successfully convert QuickBooks enterprise to pro software. Congratulations! you probably did it on your own with help of this post.
Hopefully, the above paragraph within the post will assist you to fulfill the process to convert Quickbooks Enterprise to Quickbooks pro, and you already import the data. This post will assist you to import each and every incontrovertible fact that you would like for the conversion of the data between QBEP and QB Pro. During this post, we’ll use QuickBooks Online as a radical path to import the info.
If you’re enabled to convert the Quickbooks Enterprise to Quickbooks Pro then you’re advised to contact Quickbooks customer support executives. they’re always able to assist you as they are available 24X7. you’ll call them on a toll-free number from around the world. They work worldwide to assist QB users.