It is a well-known fact that QuickBooks financial software is one of the most trusted accounting and Bookkeeping applications among entrepreneurs. Adopted by numerous business owners, QuickBooks has established itself in the market due to its advanced tools and features that benefit users and their companies. But obviously, QB features can’t hide the drawbacks of this powerful software.
QB has some technical errors which harm your system and stops you from performing your business-related tasks. QuickBooks Event ID 4 is one such error that takes place due to damaged company files in QuickBooks. Once this error occurs, you will not be able to use QuickBooks properly as the system begins crashing. So, it becomes important to fix this error as soon as possible to resume your work.
In this power-packed blog, we will explain the root causes, symptoms as well as easy steps to resolve QuickBooks Event ID 4 error. Keep reading…
Reasons of QuickBooks Event ID 4 Error?
There is no single reason for this error to take place as many factors come up together to form an error. Below we have stated the main causes behind the event id 4 Quickbooks.
- The QB company file is corrupt or damaged.
- Presence of virus in your computer.
- Inappropriate installation of QuickBooks.
- Eros in Windows registry.
- Maybe, some company files have got removed accidentally.
- Trojan attack.
- Windows components are not functioning correctly.
Now you know the causes, let’s move on to the symptoms of this error.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Event ID 4
- An error message, having the code: QuickBooks error 4, appears on the screen.
- The application crashes frequently.
- QuickBooks begins freezing.
- The software responds slowly.
- Your computer will respond to your commands sluggishly.
- Windows crashes repeatedly.
- Error messages like – QuickBooks EventID 4 – An unexpected error has occurred in “QuickBooks”: Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle, QuickBooks Event log error 4, QuickBooks error event id 4, QuickBooks event id 4 error, QuickBooks 2010 event id 4 flashes on the screen.
If you are facing these symptoms then be ready to give your precious time to this article as it will help you to fix this troubling error.
How to Fix QuickBooks Event ID 4 Like a Genius?
Just like any other error, QuickBooks Event log error 4 can also be resolved with few troubleshooting steps.
Reinstall .Net Framework
Reinstalling .Net Framework can help in fixing this because sometimes Microsoft .Net Frameworks is incompatible with third-party applications/software. This leads to the emergence of this error. Follow these fixing steps mentioned below:
- Open the Run window.
- Write appwiz.cpl in the search box. Hit Enter.
- Inside the programs and featured list, go to the Add/Remove all programs option.
- Find and tap on the Microsoft.NET Framework.
- Select the option of Uninstall. Note- Uninstalling will take at least 2 minutes)
- Restart the PC after concluding the uninstallation process.
- After it, open the Run window and write Control Panel.
- Go to the window of the Program and Feature.
- Go to the left side of the window and tap on the option of Add or Remove Windows Features.
- Tap on Microsoft .NET Framework from the list of the programs.
- Mark the 1st and 2nd boxes. Hit OK.
- After hitting on OK, the process of .NET Framework installation will begin.
- Tap on the option of the Finish once the steps are over.
- After the installation is finished, restart your computer, open QB Integration Manager and check if QuickBooks Event ID 4 is fixed or not.
Using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is a solution to many QB errors. Luckily, you do no t have to download this application separately as it is offered by Intuit itself. All you have to do is:
- Download the tool from Intuit’s authentic site.
- Save the file on the system
- Reach out to the QuickBooksDesktopInstallDiagnosticTool.exe file. Tap on it and then on the option of Run.
- Your screen will reflect the License agreement page. Read it carefully and click on Yes.
- Now, the repairing tool will be installed. To use it, restart the PC.
- After your system gets restarted, open the repairing Tool.
- Tap on Quickbooks Installation Diagnostic Tool to initiate the scanning process.
- The tool will take 2 minutes to identify and fix the error.
- When the diagnosis is finished, restart the PC and check if all the components of QB are updated.
Use Clean Install Tool to Reinstall QuickBooks
Clean Install Tool in QB software is a magical feature that can fix the damage. Follow these steps to run this tool successfully.
- Reach out to the authentic site of Intuit.
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Once downloaded, open it on QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Your screen will flash a license agreement page, click on Next after reading it.
- Choose a location to install it and tap on the option of Install.
- After you are done with installing the tool, click on the fifth tab that is Installation issues. You will find two options there, click on Clean Install Tool.
- Click on the option of I agree if you are prompted.
- Tap on Continue.
- Run the tool and wait until the process is completed.
- Restart the PC.
- Check if QuickBooks Event ID 4 continues, if it does then move on to the next method.
Run QuickBooks File Doctor
This is a tool that can erase many QuickBooks errors. As the name suggests, it scans the errors and treats them accordingly. If the above solutions did not help you then try these steps to run QB file doctor:
- Download and install the QB Tool hub. The process has been described above already.
- Open it and reach out to the option of Company File Issue.
- Pick up the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Inside the tool, check the list to locate the company to fix the issue or you can reach out to the tab Browse to find the error file that needs diagnosis.
- Select the file and go to the section of Show Advance Setting. Pick an option that suits you to fix the QuickBooks Event ID 4.
The option of Both file damage and network connectivity
You have to pick this option if you are encountering damage in file and network issues.
Check File Damage Only
Choose this option when there is some kind of damage in the files.
Check Network Connectivity only
We recommend you use this option when you face network connectivity errors.
- Out of all the options, choose the 2nd one ‘Check File damage only’.
- Fill in Admin credentials when prompted.
- Then, the QB file doctor will begin scanning files to identify the error which will take 1-2 minutes.
- After the process scanning is finished, restart the PC and check if you are able to work in the QB company file.
In case QuickBooks File Doctor does not work for you you can use Auto data recovery which identifies the QB files automatically and backup the error-free files in the folder of Auto data Recovery. In case, the file doctor comes with issues, you can backup the error-free file from ADR.
QuickBooks is a very handy as well as reliable financial software for accounting solutions. Despite having errors, it is still a top-notch software in the market. Today, in this post, we discussed QuickBooks Event ID 4 errors and ways to fix them easily. By now, you might have understood all the solutions and how to implement them correctly. But, if you have any problem while performing the steps then you can get in touch with QuickBooks Customer Support for more guidance from certified professionals.