The accounting software QuickBooks is widely famous for being one of the best financial applications for business owners all around the world. Being super fast, user-friendly, and full of advanced features, this software is the number one favorite of users in the market. But while using QuickBooks, have you ever come across an error message on your screen reading- QuickBooks Error 12029?
According to many users, this QuickBooks Update Error 12029 troubles them a lot. You can bump into this error while downloading the QB application and during the process of Payroll update. This error is super irritating to face as it obstructs the workflow and productivity. There could be many reasons for this error to take place in the software like network issues, change in Quickbooks settings, etc.
In this post, we will explain the major causes of QuickBooks Error 12029 along with the most effective repairing steps. Read our post till the end and know everything about the error.
Reasons for Quickbooks Error 12029
There are many reasons due to which QuickBooks error 12029 updating error occurs. There are two factors that govern this error- External and Internal. We have explained them under the next two headings. After reading that, you will be able to save your system from getting this error.
External Reasons of QuickBooks Update Error 12029
- Internet security can obstruct the functioning of Quickbooks.
- Changes in Firewall settings.
- Network timeout during the payroll update.
- Improper configuration of SSL.
- Using an unsupported internet browser on your system could give rise to QuickBooks Error 12029 Updating Error.
- No internet or unstable internet connection.
Internal Reasons of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12029
- Connectivity failures while using QuickBooks.
- Network issues.
- Software update timeout.
- QuickBooks can’t access the server.
Now that we have understood the internal and external causes of QuickBooks Error 12029, let’s move on to the solutions for efficient working of the software.
QuickBooks Error 12029: Get it Fixed in Quick Steps
With few steps, this error can be removed and avoided in the future. So, without wasting your precious time, let’s get started.
Solution 1: Updating Windows
This step can repair major errors and bugs. If you are using an old version of windows then it is time for you to update it to its latest version. Have a look at the easy steps:
- First of all, open all windows programs.
- Click on the windows update.
- Choose the option of check for updates.
- If you find any latest update then click on it and it will be installed on the PC.
Solution 2: Check the Internet Connection
Issues in the internet connection are responsible for the occurrence of many errors including QuickBooks Error 12029. Before you start working on the software, make sure to establish a stable connection to avoid network issues while working. This step could save you from data loss and facing other kinds of QuickBooks errors.
Contact your provider and ask him for the best plan possible to ensure a steady internet connection.
Solution 3: Update QuickBooks to the Latest Version Available
If you are using this software of the old version then there is a 100 % chance of facing QuickBooks Error 12029 Updating Error. To ensure the smooth and efficient working of QuickBook, download and install its latest version. Below is the process:
- Open QB desktop and select the Help option.
- Click on Update QuickBooks.
- Now a list will be displayed on the screen, out of which you need to select the latest QB version.
- Restart the PC after you complete the installation of the update.
Solution 4: Make Changes in Quickbooks Payroll and Updates
This is an advanced step for QuickBooks Error 12029 Fix. You already know that the error you are facing is QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12029 so make sure to read each and every step with full concentration.
- Switch down the internet.
- Switch on your internet again.
- Launch the QB software and choose the QuickBooks company file.
- Press the ctrl+k keys simultaneously.
- Now, you will see a new window popping up.
- Click on the option edit.
- Unmark the open payroll setup tab.
Solution 5: Keep out QuickBooks from Firewall Settings
- Press tab on Start and write Windows firewall in the search field.
- From the list of programs, select Windows Firewall.
- From Advanced Settings, click on the option of Inbound Rules and then press the tab on Rule.
- From the Programs tab, click on next and then choose the ‘This Program Path option.
- Select the location of the QuickBooks file and click on Next.
- Select the option of Allow the connection and hit Next.
- Mark all checkboxes and click on Next.
- Name the rule and click on Finish to set the inbound rules.
- Now, let’s come to the part of setting Outbound rules. Follow the same above procedure but keep in mind to choose Outbound in place of Inbound.
Solution 6: Installing and Updating Security Certificate in QuickBooks Desktop
If the above 5 solutions were not enough for QuickBooks error 12029 fix then no need to get disappointed as we have one more solution for you. This step is installing a Security Certificate in QuickBooks Desktop. Have a look at the steps:
- Right-click on the icon of QuickBooks and select Properties.
- Just below the Shortcut option, you will see the tab of Open file location, click on it, and hit OK.
- Right-click on the .exe file and select the Properties tab.
- Below the option of Digital Signatures choose QuickBooks first and then Details.
- Click on View certificate to see it and below the general option, select Install certificate.
- Put Current User as the Store Location under the window of Certificate Import Wizard and hit Next.
- Hit Next to finish.
- Press OK on the option of import successful window.
Solution 7: Start Windows using Safe Mode
To carry out the windows in Safe Mode, follow these steps:
- Press Windows key + I together to open Settings.
- Click on the tab Update and Security.
- Press on the option of the Recovery.
- Go to the Advanced Startup option.
- Choose the Restart Now option.
- Now your computer will reboot.
- Click on Troubleshoot.
- Now press the tab on the Advanced option.
- Choose Startup Settings and press the tab on the option of the restart.
- Give your system some time to reboot and choose 5 from the checklist to use the computer in Safe Mode.
- The endmost step is to see if the QuickBooks Error 12029 appears on your computer screen.
Just like other QB errors like- Quickbooks Error 179, Quickbooks Update Error 15223, etc, this error is also temporary and can be repaired using few steps. We have listed the most relevant solutions to help you rectify QuickBooks Error 12029. In order to get the error repaired, make sure to follow all steps in order and attentively. We hope that these solutions were helpful to you. In case you could not fix this error on your own then do not hesitate to get in touch with QuickBooks Customer Support for guidance. You can dial their number which is available online anytime. If this article was enough productive and intriguing for you then do visit our website to read more such worthy articles.