If you are a QuickBooks user then there is no need to mention the efficiency and popularity of this financial software. This excellent accounting application is suggested by Millions for carrying Financial aspects of business smoothly and error-free. But while using this fine software you must have come across QuickBooks Error 6129. You will see this error at least once but will instantly become frustrated as your work productivity will decrease.
This error hinders the accounting work and consumes a lot of time as well. QuickBooks Error Code (-6129 0) indicates that the system on which you are using the software is obstructing you from creating company files and leads to error message reading- Error Code 6129 0 QuickBooks. The moment your system gets this error, you won’t be able to use the software properly and you will be forced to stop your accounting work which ultimately will affect your business in a negative way.
So, in order to save you from this situation, we have come up with a power-packed article consisting of everything you need to know about QuickBooks Error 6129. You will find the best tips and tricks to avoid this error in the future. But before that let’s read about its other names/titles.
Other Titles Given to the QuickBooks Error 6129
This error is known by few other names also. To save you from the confusion, we have enlisted them all below. Have a look.
- QuickBooks Error Code 6129 0
- QuickBooks Error Code 6129
- QuickBooks Error Code (-6129 0)
- Error Code 6129 0 QuickBooks
Information about the Error
- Name: QuickBooks Error 6129
- Number: 6129, 0
- Software Developer: Intuit
- Software: QuickBooks
- Error Description: QuickBooks Error 6129
- QuickBooks Error 6129: QuickBooks has a problem and needs to close. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
- Applies to: Windows Vista, 7, 8, XP
Reasons for QuickBooks Error Code 6129 0 Occurrence
There are various reasons due to which you can meet with this QuickBooks Error Code 6129. We have listed all possible causes below. Have a look.
- Network Data files(.ND) are corrupt.
- Third party applications/software interrupting the access causing this error message to come on your screen again and again.
- Using Non-Windows while updating your company data to the latest QuickBooks version.
- Invalid or incorrect entries filled in the Windows Registry.
- Malfunctioning of Operating System (OS).
- Using an old Quickbooks version.
- There is an inconsistency between server and client domain.
Now, that we have discussed the causes of QuickBooks Error 6129, let’s understand the symptoms to identify whether your system has got this error or not.
How to Identify QuickBooks Error Code (-6129 0)?
To help you out from any confusion, we have listed symptoms that will occur in your system and software after getting the error.
- The reappearance of Error Code 6129 0 QuickBooks on your screen.
- Your screen starts freezing/hanging.
- Your system runs sluggishly.
- The mouse and keyboard do not respond properly to your commands.
- Crashing of the active window.
If you face these signs then be ready to read this post till the end to fix this error.
Advanced Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6129
There are few steps that you will be required to follow in order to get rid of QuickBooks Error 6129 easily. But before jumping to that part directly lets us tell you that there are two conditions for which you have to execute few steps mentioned below:
Case 1: While making a New company File
If you face the error while making a New company File then follow the instructions given below:
- Reach out to the screen of an easy action interview and then select the exit option.
- Save the file and choose the tab Yes.
- Type a separate file name and press the tab on the Save option.
Case 2: While Opening/Updating the Company Files
- Check whether there is a file-related issue or not.
- Open the company file (sample).
- If you find the issue is file related then read the solutions we have explained below to fix the error. Before following the instructions make sure to log in as window administrator.
Solution 1: Log in as Window Administrator
If you are not logged in as Admin then there is a high chance that you will face this error. So, you need to follow the steps below to make sure that you are logged in as an administrator. Open the Windows Start menu.
- Go to the Start.
- Select All Programs.
- Reach out the Windows Small Business Server.
- Click on the Windows SBS Console.
- Press tab on Users and Groups.
- Click on Add a new user account.
- Enter the user details and follow the wizard.
- Come up with new user admin rights.
- Click on Finish after following the last step.
Solution 2: Turn off Third Party Applications like Antivirus
To fix QuickBooks Error 6129, this step is very important. To turn off the antivirus follow these instructions:
- Restart your system in the safe mode.
- Disable the antivirus.
- Make a new company file.
- Keep your system in normal mode.
- Restart your computer after you are done with the last step.
- Now, open QB software again and then your company file.
Check, if the QuickBooks Error 6129 is gone or not. If not, then jump t o the next wise solution.
Solution 3: Shift your Company Files to a Separate Folder
- Make a new folder.
- Shift the QB files to that folder.
If you are using only one computer then these steps can be followed easily but if you use Quickbooks on many systems then follow these steps.
- Click on start, followed by Programs then QuickBooks and Quickbooks Database Server Manager.
- Choose the option of Scan Folders.
- If you see no folders containing the QB company files then select Add a New Folder.
- Select the option Scan.
- Press tab on Close after the scanning process is finished.
- The ending step is to open your company file.
By now, your error should have been resolved, if not then don’t get panic, follow solution number 4.
Solution 4: Update QuickBooks
Updating QuickBooks is necessary as if you continue using an old version of the software then errors will take place. Follow the instructions given below to update the application.
- Open the software Quickbooks.
- Select the help option and then click on the update Quickbooks option.
- Click on the option of update now.
- Press tab on Get Updates.
- Restart your PC after finishing the download process.
- Now, your window will show you some instructions, follow them one by one to complete the installation process.
Now, see whether this error has been troubleshot or not. If you witness this error popping up again then follow the fifth solution given below.
Solution 5: Using Safe Mode in Windows
Sometimes third-party applications like antivirus hinder the connection and do not allow QuickBooks to function properly. In that case, using windows in Safe mode is the safest option to choose. Perform the instructions listed below:
- Hold Windows key + I to open the Settings tab.
- Select the option of Update and Security.
- Click on the Recovery option.
- Navigate to the Advanced Startup tab.
- Click on Restart.
- Wait until your PC gets rebooted.
- Now choose the Troubleshoot option.
- Click on Advanced option.
- Click on the Startup Settings.
- Press tab on Restart.
- Wait for some moment until your PC gets rebooted. Then select the number 5 from the list and your computer will be functioning in safe mode from now.
- The closing step is to see whether QuickBooks Error 6129 has gone or still persists on your screen.
Solution 6: Using QuickBooks Tool Hub
This repairing tool has solutions to almost every error of QuickBooks. Plus. you do not have to download it separately as it is already integrated into the software. Here is how to use this powerful tool to fix QuickBooks Error Code (-6129 0).
- Start the process of downloading followed by installing the Quickbooks Tool Hub.
- Now start downloading the Quickbooks Database Server Manager.
- Run the repair tool hub.
- Go to the section on network issues.
- Click on Quickbooks Database Server Manager.
- Now issues related to your network will be fixed and communication between the server and the software will get better.
- After the process is over, finish it by restarting your computer.
Additional Solutions: Tips and Suggestions
- Apart from the main solutions, we also have got more tips for you to avoid this error from the root source.
- All computer systems should be working on a single domain.
- You can fix the error by renaming QB Network Files (.ND).
- Install QuickBooks properly by downloading it from an authentic website.
- Try to fix the contrast between the Server and Client domain.
- Try conducting a clean install using QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Run QuickBooks File Doctor to rectify Error Code 6129 0 QuickBooks.
Covering all aspects related to QuickBooks Error 6129 in one single article was difficult but we did it for you. We hope our content helped you understand the root source and rectify this error. We are sure that by now you might have understood how to fix this error on your own. In case, you are finding difficulties then feel free to get in touch with the QuickBooks Support team for great guidance. The team of experts sitting there will definitely listen to your query and provide the best possible solutions.