If you want to handle business efficiently and error-free then QuickBooks will be your ultimate choice. The most important part of any business is sales and expense and here the QuickBooks comes into play. Its eccentric features and tools have been appreciated by numerous business institutions. But what if this software falls from the track? Being a technical software, getting bugs and errors is hereditary. Sometimes errors take place because of technical issues and sometimes human intervention. Out of several one such error is Quickbooks Error 15241 which takes place when you try to download or update the QuickBooks Payroll Services.
After your system caught this error, you will not be able to update QuickBooks payroll until you fix this error. It means that your crucial work will get stopped in between hampering the growth and productivity as well.
Do not worry, because you can troubleshoot this Quickbooks Error 15241with the advanced methods mentioned in this article. But before we start, make sure to follow all the steps in order to get the desired outcome. Let’s get started.
How to Identify QuickBooks Error 15241?
You can recognize the error by reading the below-mentioned symptoms. Have a look:
- Quickbooks start handing/freezing.
- The window will respond improperly.
- Your screen will prompt you to update Quickbooks payroll but you won’t be able to do that.
- Your screen will get notifications and error code messages Quickbooks Error 15241.
- The keyboard and mouse will not function properly to your commands.
- Operating Systems functions slowly.
If you witness these signs then make sure to give your five minutes to this article in order to read about the root causes of Error 15241 QuickBooks and ways to prevent it.
Reasons for QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15241
- The file copy service on your computer is damaged.
- Corrupt installation of QuickBooks. Errors related to installation can occur, this will cause you QuickBooks error 102.
- Microsoft Windows Installer is damaged.
- Power failure.
- Improper shut down of the computer.
- Virus attacks can also give rise to Quickbooks Error 15241.
- Incomplete installation of the software.
- Some files have been removed accidentally.
We have discussed symptoms and reasons for QuickBooks Update Error 15241, let’s move on to the section of solutions.
Fix Quickbooks Error 15241 with Latest Fixation Methods
You can fix this error easily by reading our article attentively. We promise you that by the end, your issue will be resolved. Till then, have a look at the solutions.
Solution 1: If You are a Windows, 7,8,10, or Vista User
- Close the QuickBooks application.
- Open the Start tab and go to the computer and make a right-click. Choose Manage.
For Windows 10 Users
To fix QuickBooks Error 15241 Windows 10, you will have to follow these steps carefully and in order. Have a glance.
- Go to the taskbar and click on option Search.
- Reach out to the Computer. Make a right-click on the option of This PC. Choose Manage.
- Select the option Services and Applications.
- Click two times on the Services tab.
- Go to the Intuit QuickBooks FCS and click twice on it.
- Your window will open QuickBooks FCS properties. Go to the option General and click on Start-up type. After that select the option Manual.
- Click on Apply.
- Select Start. Hit OK.
- The proceeding step is to open the QB software.
- Download the updates if available.
- Start the process of updating the payroll tax tables and Quickbooks Error 15241 will be resolved.
For Users with Windows XP
- Exit the QuickBooks Software.
- Reach out to the Desktop and click on my Computer twice. Select option Manage.
- Computer Management will be opened.
- Find option services and Applications. Click on services and open it.
- Press tab on Intuit QuickBooks FCS to open the window of FCS Properties.
- Click on the General option and select Startup.
- Make a click on the option Manual. Hit OK.
- Now, open the QuickBooks application and start updating it to the latest version available.
- Remember you should have updated the Payroll tax tables before following this step.
- On the header option, Click on employees and then on the Get Payroll Updates.
- Click on Update.
- While downloading, your screen will reflect a message stating, “A new tax table has been installed on your payroll tax forms.
- The finishing step is to Hit OK.
Solution 2: QuickBooks Software Set-Up for Automatic Updates
By using this step, you can be saved from updating the software manually as the update will get updated automatically. Here is the process:
- Go to the Help option and click on it.
- Choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Reach out to the tab Option.
- Select yes and QuickBooks Software will set up for Automatic Updates.
- Now select the Close option.
Solution 3: Updating Payroll Tax Table (Most Important)
This step is the most important because, in order to get fruitful results from the above solutions, it is mandatory to have an updated Payroll Tax Table on your system. You can carry out the process by following these steps:
- Reach out to the Employees option.
- Select get Payroll updates.
- Mark the option of Download Entire Update.
- Go to the Update tab.
- After you finish the process, a window stating download complete will show up on the screen. It means you have conveniently completed the task.
Alternate Method to Fix Quickbooks Error 15241
If you were unable to resolve the error even after following the above-mentioned methods then it is time to follow an alternate solution to this error.
- Install the CD of the payroll update.
- Open the window of getting Payroll Updates.
- In case you have QuickBooks premier and pro then choose Employees and then Get Payroll Updates.
- Decide to choose either update.dat or update3.dat file.
- In the window of Install Payroll Update, you will have to respond to all prompts.
- Accept to Browse. Keep an eye on your browser, if your default browser is not internet explorer then it might cause an error QuickBooks error 15222.
- Choose the CD drive.
- Now from the option of Payroll Update disk select any one file out of update.dat or update3.dat. Choose the option of Open.
- Hit OK.
- Choose the tab Start and exit QuickBooks.
- Now you have to reach out to the Computer option and make a right-click on the CD drive. Select Explore after that.
- Now install that CD again but this time on a different system and check whether you can view all files or not.
- If you can view the files then it means you had hardware issues (with CD drive) on the previous system.
- If you can’t see the files on both computers, it means you need to buy a new payroll for your system. For that just go to authentic Inuit’s online website and select Payroll followed by choosing View Contact Information.
- Make sure to install from the right site. Check that the tax table versions are correct.
- Choose the Install option and you will encounter a confirmation window after the update or new table is installed. Read the notification and press OK.
You may also like: Fix QuickBooks Error 179 with Advanced 4 Solutions
After explaining all the aspects related to Quickbooks Error 15241, we finally end this post. We hope that the details here might be of considerable help in repairing this error successfully. However, we understand that sometimes this error can irritate you even after following some solutions, in that case, feel free to contact QuickBooks Customer Support via their toll-free number. You can find more productive articles on our website. We will be happy to assist you.