If you ask a user who is involved in business about software that can make accounting and bookkeeping super easy and fun, then he/she will tell you only about QuickBooks. This is software that is used by numerous institutions for doing work related to finance. Being a one-stop solution for users, it has multiple advanced features developed especially to ease business-related tasks. With so many good reviews, QuickBooks has become a leading software in the world of finance. QuickBooks is widely used for generating tax reports, managing the data of reports, managing financial bills, and other financial things related to business. Its advanced features have surprised the users as this software has become more safe and protected.
QuickBooks is a worthy software to enable you to perform your daily business-related work fast and effectively. But as we all know, technology also faces glitches and this is the same with QuickBooks also as it is also not free from bugs and technical errors. Glitches and errors can upset any user as they are stuck in the middle of their important work. So, it is normal to face errors and technical glitches while using QuickBooks, but the question is what do you do when you try to install the software and you come to see errors? Well, there is a tool to fix it and the name of the tool is ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool’. This is a repair tool that helps in fixing the QuickBooks error by taking less time. The Quickbooks Install Diagnostics tool can recognize these issues with .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++.
If you want to fix and avoid these errors in the future then read this post till the end to understand the root causes and solutions of errors.
Specifications Required for Installing QB Diagnostics Tool
Before jumping to the section where you will learn about topics like- install diagnostic tool QuickBooks, QuickBooks desktop installs the diagnostic tool and QuickBooks install diagnostic tool exe download, let’s read about the specifications that are required for installing this tool.
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package
What Type of Errors and Issues can be Fixed by QB Diagnostic Tool?
There are many errors and issues that can be fixed by the Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tools, out of them we have listed a few below:
- QuickBooks Error code 1603
- Error 1935
- QuickBooks Error 1904
- QB Error Code 1402
- Errors Connecting to damaged Microsoft.NET Framework
- QuickBooks has stopped working error
- QuickBooks unrecoverable errors.
Issues faced while Installing QB
- There is damage to the MSXML component.
- Freezing of QB
- QB stops working.
- Windows show messages like .NET Framework error
- Popping up errors associated with C++ programming.
- The keyboard and mouse do not function properly.
Important Things to Note Down while Using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- After downloading, close all the background programs before you run the tool.
- This tool is able to detect and resolve errors automatically. You may have to reboot your system in some cases.
- Sometimes, after users run the tool, they are asked to register/reactivate the QB desktop. Sometimes, users see a message “No Errors were Detected” and the user thinks the system is safe and there is no error but it means the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool has failed to identify the error.
Download and Install Diagnostic Tool for QuickBooks
There is no big task in downloading Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tools and any QB user can easily install it by following the steps we have mentioned. Quickbooks install diagnostic tool exe download can fix all the troubles that you may face while installing the software.
- First, go to the official website of Intuit and Download QuickBooks.
- Select your location to save the downloaded file.
- Locate the ‘QBInstall_tool_v2.exe’ on your PC.
- Shut down all the background running apps.
- Make a double-click on ‘QBInstall_tool_v2.exe file’ & run it.
- Step by step, follow the instructions coming on your screen.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Restart the PC to finish the process of installation.
Ways to resolve Installation Errors with the help of Diagnostic Tool for QuickBooks
So far, we have discussed the basic concept and why we need this tool to resolve installation errors in QuickBooks. Let’s move to the next section to learn about ways to fix installation errors with this tool.
Diagnose Connection Tab
This tab helps users analyze the system in order to fix the error. Here users can set up the company file data accessible from the computer no matter whether it is configured for Multi-user mode or single-user mode.
This tab reflects the instruction about the Firewall.
Test your Connectivity
This tab explains the area through which you can check the workstation connectivity. In case, you want to test the connectivity then click on the tab which is just beside the Company file.
Using a Linux system is preferred only when you have a good network connectivity setup. First, select and then change the Dialog box of the hosting server check.
Fix QuickBooks Installation Issues with QB Diagnostic Tool
Use Selective Start-Up Mode to reinstall the QuickBooks
Follow these steps attentively.
- Type run command to open the run dialog box.
- Now type MSConfig and Hit OK.
- Select the Selective startup option present under the General tab, and then choose load system services.
- Select the tab Services.
- Select the option to hide all Microsoft services to disable all.
- Now select the clear to hide all MS services which can be seen in the checkbox.
- Mark the list of services and make sure the Window Installer is selected.
- Restart the system configuration and then restart your system.
- Reinstall QuickBooks after restarting the system by using a clean installation process.
Download and Run QB Diagnostic Tool
We have already mentioned How to download this tool above, let’s jump to the steps required to run the tool.
- Save your file in the desired location where you can find it easily.
- Close all the background apps running. After that, run the tool.
- After the process gets finished, restart your computer.
Performing Windows Update
In this way also, your problem can be fixed.
- Get a Windows CD package, after that install windows latest version.
- After you have updated the system, restart your PC..
- If QuickBooks shows an error on opening, then open your company file and continue your work.
- If the problem is still there then try to perform a clean installation of QuickBooks once again.
After you are done with the installation process, you need to store it in the normal configuration. Follow these steps to do it.
- Type Run command and then type MSConfig in the run box. Hit OK
- Under the tab General, go to Normal Startup and Hit OK.
- Look for the system configuration screen and after finding it click on ‘Restart’.
Fix Windows Components Manually
If you are not able to resolve the problem on your own even after following the above solutions then do not worry, jump to the next solution below.
This step involves repairing and reinstalling the Microsoft.Net framework and Microsoft MSXML. One thing to note here is that follow this solution only when you have good knowledge of Information Technology.
Do Windows update after its installation & the .NET framework, MSXML & C++ updates will be fixed. But remember, if you are using an outdated version of windows then QuickBooks may not be able to install them properly. So, update your windows to the latest version before following these steps.
After reading this post, we hope that you have got a decent idea about how to use QuickBooks Desktop Install diagnostic tools. We have tried to collect the best and relevant information to help you understand everything related to the topic. Now forget about the old tools that waste your time and patience and go for QuickBooks install Diagnostic Tool.
If you are content with the information provided in this post, then do not forget to share more tips in the comments section below to help other readers also. Visit our official website to find more interesting articles, we are assured that you will definitely like them a lot.