QuickBooks is a software that is trusted by numerous business institutions to achieve their business goals. You will hear this name from many users all around the globe because of its advanced features like multitasking, simple interface, easy contactless payments, managing data error-free, etc. Being a technical software, it is natural for it to get errors that can bother your urgent work. QuickBooks Error 1334 is one such error that can infuriate you while using the software. You will encounter this error while installing, updating, or fixing QuickBooks. Do not worry because this error is temporary and can be resolved with the solutions provided in our post. So make sure to read this post till the end to know everything about QuickBooks Error 1334 in easy language.
QuickBooks Error 1334: Information
- Error name: Error 1334 QuickBooks
- Number: Error 1334
- Description: The file can’t be installed.
- Software: QuickBooks Pro
- Developer: Intuit Inc.
Symptoms Of Error 1334 QuickBooks
- Your screen displays Error 1334 QuickBooks and your program window crashes.
- Windows responds slowly to the mouse or keyboard.
- Your system starts freezing periodically.
- QuickBooks doesn’t function properly.
- Internet connection suddenly drops down.
- New files appearing.
- Some dialogue boxes can appear again and again on your screen.
When Does QuickBooks Error 1334 Occurs?
QuickBooks Error 1334 can occur on the occasions mentioned below. Have a look.
- When you try to open the Windows OS (operating system).
- When you are shutting down the OS, this error can take place.
- While using QuickBooks.
- While installing the QB application.
By now, you might have understood the basic concept of this error. Let’s move to the part where we will be discussing the reasons causing Error 1334 QuickBooks 2009.
Reasons For QuickBooks Error 1334
There is no single reason for Error 1334 QuickBooks 2009 to take place on your system.
- Malware or virus attack.
- Corrupt or Damaged Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Damaged QB installation file.
- Errors in Windows Registry.
- Virus attack on Windows.
- Incomplete or improper installation of QuickBooks application.
- You might have changed the settings of QuickBooks which has damaged the Windows registry causing Error 1334 QuickBooks 2009.
- An incorrect file extension of QB Company.
QuickBooks Error 1334: How To Get Rid Of It?
To save your time and efforts it is important to fix Error 1334 QuickBooks as it interrupts the process of updating, installing, repairing, etc. this is too hard to bear and should not be entertained for too long. We have listed the best easy solutions for you to erase the error completely.
Solution 1: What To Do When Error Occurs While Installing/Opening QuickBooks?
There are two options that you will need to follow for this case. Have a look.
- Open the company file (with extension .qbw)
- Make a Double-click on the QuickBooks company file (companyfilename.qbw)
Solution 2: What To Do When Error Occurs While Updating/Opening QuickBooks?
- Download and save the QuickBooks_clean_install_tool.exe file
- Open exe.
- Accept the license agreement.
- Choose the QuickBooks version you are using on the system and then click on continue.
- Click OK after your screen shows a message “Install Quickbooks to the default directory“
Manually rename the folders we have enlisted below:
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
Now, you can download and install the software easily. This QuickBooks Error 1334 Repair method will solve your issue in less time.
Solution 3: Performing Clean Installation Of The Windows
- Uninstall and reinstall the Windows Operating System to delete all the data saved in the system’s hard drive. You can start the system afresh.
- You can also use the clean install tool to clear all the junk and unnecessary log files from your system that are stored for a long time from internet surfing.
Solution 4: Adding/Removing Program
- Navigate to the Start tab.
- In the search field, write “MSConfig”. Hit “Enter”
- Choose the Boot tab and then go to “Safe Boot” and select the option of “Network” .
- Click on “OK” and Select Restart.
- Now your computer will restart and the selected programs will start running.
- You will be able to open QuickBooks without any problem after finishing up this process.
- Launch QuickBooks on your system.
- Click on the button “Help” and choose the option of “Update QuickBooks”
- Allow QB to run the updates.
- After the updates get finished, reach out to the Start menu.
- Under the tab ‘Boot’, unmark the Safe Mode
- Restart your system.
- Now your system will reboot in normal mode/ Check if updates are installed and open the QB again/
- Check if the error has gone or not.
If the error still persists even after following the steps to QuickBooks Repair Error 1334 then jump to the next solution.
Solution 5: Restore Your PC: Enhanced And Effective Method
- Start your system and login in as an Admin.
- Choose Accessories and Programs, System Tools.
- Now choose Restore.
- On your screen, a window will pop up. Choose the option of Restore my PC with an earlier date. Click on Next.
- Select a restoration point list and then press the tab on Next.
- You will find an option on the verification screen, go there and select the latest system restore data followed by clicking Next.
- Restart your system after finishing the process.
These five solutions will assist you in resolving QuickBooks Error 1334 as we have explained these methods in the easiest way possible. We have covered all aspects of this error like- factors causing QuickBooks Error 1334, its symptoms, and troubleshooting methods. By now, you might have become well versed in how to deal with this error. If the error persists because of some other reason then you can get fruitful guidance from Quickbooks Customer Support. Feel free to contact them anytime as they are available 24×7.