If you are someone who owns a business then you must be familiar with the QuickBooks software which is used to handle business finances effortlessly. This leading software is trusted by numerous companies for handling accounting and Bookkeeping in the easiest and safest way. But being a software means it also has errors which can disappoint you sometimes. There are few errors found in QuickBooks software out of which QuickBooks Error 6144 82 is a common one. You will encounter this error while trying to open the company file and won’t be able to perform any task through your own or other systems.
Do not worry as resolving QuickBooks Error 6144 82 involves a few steps and solutions only. In this post, we will tell you everything about QuickBooks Error -6144 -82, symptoms, causes, and tips to fix this error in order to save you from a huge disaster. Just read it till the end and learn all kinds of steps you need to follow to get rid of QuickBooks Error 6144 82.
QuickBooks Error 6144 82: Information
- Error Name- Error 6144 82 QuickBooks
- Applies to: Window XP, Vista, 7,10,8
- Description: A message will pop up on your desktop screen reading- ‘We are sorry for the inconvenience message.’
- Number- Error 6144 82
Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
If you face all the symbols mentioned below then you sure have QuickBooks Error 6144 82 error.
- Your Windows will run very slowly.
- An error message will come on your desktop screen reading- ‘We are sorry for the inconvenience message.’
- You will see a message with the 6144 82 error code.
- Your system does not respond properly.
- QuickBooks won’t open.
- Your screen will display a warning message while starting, and shutting down the computer, installation of the Operating System on your PC, and etc.
Reasons For QuickBooks Error 6144 82
There is no one particular reason for this error to occur because many factors could lead to the occurrence of Error 6144 82 QuickBooks. We have made a list of all possible reasons that can lead to this error in your system.
- Improper firewall settings.
- Damaged .tlc (transaction log file) can be the major reason for this error code.
- The damaging of the .nd file also causes Error 6144 82 QuickBooks.
- You may not have access to share the company files.
- Virus and malware attacks.
- Network issues due to unstable internet connection.
- Some other program has deleted your company files.
- Improper installation of QuickBooks software.
Methods To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
Method 1: Repair Windows Registry
There is a possibility that your Windows registry has got damaged or corrupted because of some changes in QuickBooks. Follow the instructions we have given below to Repair Windows Registry.
- Press tab on the Start button.
- In the search box write Command without pressing Enter
- On your keyboard Hold “CTRL + Shift” simultaneously and then press Enter
- You will see a permission dialog box.
- Click on Yes and a black box will be opened.
- Type “regedit” and hit Enter.
- In the Registry Editor, select the file related to the Error 6144 82.
- From the File menu select Export.
- In the Save list, select any folder where you want to save the QB backup key.
- In the File name box, you need to type a name for the backup file.
- Make sure that “Selected branch” is marked (selected) in the Export Range box.
- Click Save and save your file with a .reg file extension
- The backup of your QuickBooks-related registry entry will be created.
Method 2: Setting Up QuickBooks User Permissions
You need to set up the user permission in Qb to get rid of QuickBooks Error 6144 82. Follow the instructions we have provided below and change the permission settings accordingly.
- Login to your QB Desktop.
- Go to the tab company.
- Click on the option of ‘Set Up Users and Roles’.
- Enter your password.
- Go to the user list and click on the username.
- Select the user permission according to your need.
Method 3: Clean The Junk Files Using Disk Cleanup
Your system may get junk files from internet surfing and this can make QuickBooks Software go sluggish and catch QuickBooks Error 6144 82. So cleaning junks files regularly is important.
These files sometimes conflict with other applications as well as files and cause the hard disk to get overload.
Cleaning these temp files can remove QuickBooks Error 6144 82 and enhance your computer’s performance.
Method 4: Undo All New Changes In The System Using Windows System Restore
With the help of Windows System Restore, you can undo the recent changes made by you on your system. Multiple issues including QuickBooks Error 6144 82 get fixed with this solution.
- Click on the tab Start.
- In the search box, write System Restore and Hit Enter.
- Choose System Restore.
- Enter Administrator Password.
- To reach a restore point, you will need to follow the prompts.
- The final step is to restore your system.
Method 5: Reinstall The QB Program
If Error 6144 82 QuickBooks is caused by a specific program then this step has to be followed.
- Click on the tab start and then open Programs & Features.
- Navigate to the Control Panel.
- Click on Programs first and then Programs & Features.
- Under the Name column, look for program associated with QuickBooks Error 6144 82
- Select entry associated with QuickBooks.
- On the top menu bar, click on Uninstall.
- Your screen will prompt you to follow the directions to finish the uninstallation of Error 6144 82 QuickBooks associated program.
Method 6: Run SFC/Scannow (Windows System File Checker)
SFC is a useful tool that assists you scan corruption in system files. Follow the instructions provided below to run this tool.
- After clicking on the Start button and write “command” in the search box but do not press enter yet.
- Hold together CTRL and Shift and Hit ENTER.
- Your screen will pop us a permission dialog box.
- Click on Yes.
- A black box will come on your desktop screen
- In the same box, write “SFC /scannow” and hit ENTER.
- System File Checker will scan the Error 6144 82 and other file issues in the system.
- Follow the on-screen instructions popping on your screen.
Method 7: Install All Windows Updates
Sometimes many errors can get fixed by updating windows. You can check and install your windows update by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Press the tab on the “Start” button.
- In the search box write “update” and hit “ENTER“.
- Your screen will pop up the “Windows Update” dialog box.
- Click on the option of Install Updates.
You Might Also Like, Quickbooks Error 6210 - 7 Easy Solutions To Fix [Updated]
Method 8: Rename .TLG and .ND Files
- Go to the folder where you have saved your company files.
- Right-click on extension.TLG file and choose the option of Rename. Rename your company file by adding.OLD at the end of the file name.
- Do the same process of renaming with the.ND file
- Follow the Start Button>> Program>>Quickbooks>> Quickbooks database Server manager to open the QB Database Server Manager
- Choose a folder where you have enlisted your QB File.
- Scan the folder and open it.
We hope that you were able to fix QuickBooks Error 6144 82 after following the above-mentioned 8 solutions. These different solutions with different techniques are super easy to understand and follow. This article covers all the aspects related to this error including its meaning, symptoms, causes, troubleshooting methods to give you an in-depth knowledge of this issue. If still your problem persists then feel free to call QuickBooks Customer Support for further guidance. They are available all the time for resolving your query.