Have you recently downloaded and installed the latest version of financial software QuickBooks Payroll and facing troubles in performing payrolls and verifying Digital signatures? If yes, then you are facing QuickBooks Error 15215. This is an error code that takes place while updating the payroll release. This could happen because of poor internet connections, firewall settings, and other factors. This error is irritating to bear as it stands between you and your work leading to less productivity. So, it becomes important to eliminate this error from the root itself.
We have prepared this post, especially for you to give you an in-depth knowledge of the main reasons behind Error 15215 QuickBooks, its symptoms, and solutions. Let’s proceed.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15215
If you face signs that we have mentioned below then be ready to read the article till the end because your software has caught Error 15215 QuickBooks.
- All the active programs and apps have been crashed.
- The system has got corrupted due to the same program running simultaneously.
- You won’t be able to verify digital signatures.
- Your desktop screen displays a message- QuickBooks Update Error 15215 Server Not Responding.
- You will see QuickBooks Error 15215 notifications repeatedly.
- Your system response sluggishly to the keyboard and mouse.
- QB software opens but does not respond properly.
- Your windows start freezing.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15215
- You have not configured Internet Explorer settings properly.
- Incomplete or wrong installation of the QuickBooks application.
- Malware or virus attacks can also cause QuickBooks Error 15215.
- Another application has intervened with the working of QB software.
- Third-party applications running in your system’s background causing the QuickBooks Update Error 15215 Server Not Responding.
- Some other applications have removed the files related to QB payroll. There are many other payroll errors that include Quickbooks error 15240 and Quickbooks error 15106.
- You might have downloaded the corrupt software.
- Firewall settings also prevent QuickBooks Payroll from connecting to the server sometimes. There are many servers not responding to errors that are there in the QuickBooks, one such error is QuickBooks Error 6175.
Easy Methods to Repair QuickBooks Error 15215 Server Not Responding
Now, you must have got a basic idea about the symptoms and causes of the QuickBooks Maintenance Release Error 15215. Let’s proceed to the solutions to fix this issue while consuming less time and effort.
Solution 1: Simple Rebooting
This is the easiest and first step to fix the QuickBooks Error 15215. As the title says, you need to perform a reboot process on your system. This will stop applications from causing obstruction in resetting or closing the QuickBooks Payroll settings. Follow the below instructions to finish the process.
- Go to the “Start” button then press the tab on the option of “Shut Down” option.
- Click on the “Restart” button. Your PC will start rebooting.
Now, wait until your PC starts again and check if QuickBooks Maintenance Release Error 15215 has gone. If your error is still not fixed then jump to the next advanced solution.
Solution 2: Run Quickbooks as an Administrator
There could be a possibility that a third-party application is obstructing the working of QuickBooks. You can give QuickBooks the Administration process to solve QuickBooks Error #15215 to a large extent. Have a look at the steps:
Close the Quickbooks correctly and confirm that all windows of the software are also closed.
- Right-click on the “Quickbooks” Icon.
- Choose the “Run Quickbooks as an Administrator” option.
- If your screen shows a warning notification click on “Yes”.
Solution 3: Verify TLS 1.0 is Checked, 1.1 and 1.2 are Unchecked
If the above two solutions did not help you then follow this one to get rid of QuickBooks Error #15215.
- Close the “QuickBooks” application.
- Open “Internet Explorer”.
- Click on the “Tools”.
- Go to the “Internet” Options.
- Choose the option of “Advanced”.
- Look for the “Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.2”, and Use the “TLS 1.2” option in the Advanced Settings.
- Mark the “Use TLS 1.0” option. Make sure that “TLS 1.1” and Use “TLS 1.2” are not marked.
- Hit “OK” and close “Internet Explorer”.
- Restart your system now to “save” the change and open the QB Desktop.
- See whether you can download the update one more time.
You Might Also Like, Quickbooks Error 6144 82 - Quick Troubleshooting Methods
Solution 4: Reboot your Windows in Selective Startup Mode
If the QuickBooks Error 15215 persists then follow this solution step by step.
- Close the QB application.
- Open “Run window”
- For Windows XP users: Select “Start” then “Run“.
- For Windows 7 and Vista users: Select “Start” then “All Programs” then “Accessories” > and then“Run“.
- If you are Windows 8 and 10 users: Hold the “Windows key” and “letter R keys.
- Write “MSConfig”. Hit “OK“.
- The System Configuration Utility dialog box will be displayed on the desktop screen.
- Click on “Selective startup“.
- Unmark the box of “Load Startup Items”.
- Press tab on “Apply” then hit “OK” to “Save” changes.
- Restart your computer.
- Open “QuickBooks“ again.
- Download the “Latest tax table“.
- Open “System Configuration Utility”
- Choose the “Normal startup radio” option.
- Select “Apply” then hit “OK” to “Save” changes.
- Restart your system again.
This process will make your system work in a normal mode. In case, you want some items to be deleted forever then you have to visit the Microsoft website and look for ways to clean boot windows.
Solution 5: Installing all Updates Manually
If you were unable to fix QuickBooks Error 15215 even after following the above solutions then it is time to start installing the updates manually.
- You have to check if any kind of latest QuickBooks updates is available or not.
- Choose the product.
- Find the “Change Option” and then click on it.
- Select the “QuickBooks Product.”
- You will see the update option, select it and then visit the location where you’ve kept your file.
- Click on Save.
- After you are done with the installation process restart your windows.
- Open the QuickBooks application.
- Check if the latest version is updating.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15215 in Selective Startup?
- To initiate, shut the QuickBooks application.
- Make sure to access the Run window.
- Enter Msconfig now.
- Thereafter, hit the Enter tab.
- A new window will appear with the name System Configuration Utility.
- Tap on the Selective Startup.
- Remove the checkmark from Load Start Item.
- Hit the OK button.
- Finally, just restart the system.
2. Do We Need to Update QuickBooks Tax Table to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15215?
Updating the tax table will surely resolve QuickBooks error 15215. Make sure to try out this one if other solutions disappoint you in resolving the issue. Tax fable will bring issues when not updated at the right time.
3. How to Add Dynamic Post Numbers to Fix QuickBooks Error 15215?
- Move towards the Start menu.
- You need to now look for QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Click on the Enter button.
- Navigate towards another tab named Port Monitor.
- Try to find out the QuickBooks version.
- Note down the port numbers to use firewall port exceptions.
4. What is the Meaning of QuickBooks Error 15215?
QuickBooks error 15215 implies that there are some issues within the background applications that disturb the updating procedure of payroll. The error also means that the user is blocked or denied access to the QuickBooks file. Moreover, you will face issues while providing the digital signature.
5. Why do I see QuickBooks Error 15215?
QuickBooks error 15215 appears due to various reasons such as incorrect settings within the browser, the presence of virus/malware when the user becomes unable to access the QuickBooks payroll.
6. How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15215?
You can easily fix QuickBooks error 15215 from the troubleshooting ways such as verifying the TLS 1.0 utilization, using selective start-up to restart the window and rebooting the system.
We have brought everything about QuickBooks Error 15215 into one single article for you. After following the above 5 solutions attentively and step by step, you will be able to fix this error on your own. But just in case, you were unable to repair the error because of some complexity then feel free to contact QuickBooks Customer Support for further guidance. You can dial their number from their official website at any time. We hope our content satisfied you with your query. If yes, then do check out more such productive articles on our website.